sunnuntai 9. maaliskuuta 2014

My teal and brown sampler quilt

This sampler quilt is so far the quilt I like best.
It was made following "Lynne Edwards' New Sampler Quilt Book" and adding a pieced border. Each block introduced a different technique, which was fun to try without dedicating oneself to a whole quilt. It truly forced me to push some my boundaries, but I enjoyed working on it very much. Seven of the twenty blocks were handpieced, too. The reverse applique and the celtic block were my favourites. The schedule was one block per week so the whole quilt took me about 10 months to finish. It was quilted using the quilt-as-you-go technique.




The quilt was sewn on my old sewing maschine without a walking foot so unfortunately a lot of fabric shifting had occured while adding the borders. But I still like it and am very proud of the result.

The pictures are a bit blurry, they were taken indoors.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti